The Appleton Times

Truth. Honesty. Innovation.

Business

Trump Trump says agreement on Iran war ‘largely negotiated’says agreement on Iran war ‘largely negotiated’

By Rachel Martinez

about 21 hours ago

Share:
Trump Trump says agreement on Iran war ‘largely negotiated’says agreement on Iran war ‘largely negotiated’

President Trump posted that a deal to end the Iran-related Middle East conflict is largely negotiated. The announcement came via Truth Social on Saturday afternoon with limited additional details available.

President Donald Trump announced Saturday that an agreement to end the ongoing Middle East conflict involving Iran has been largely negotiated, according to a post on his Truth Social platform.

“An Agreement has been largely negotiated, subject to finalization between the United States of America, the Islamic Republic of Iran, and the various other Countries, as listed,” Trump wrote in the afternoon post. The statement came as officials from the U.S. and Iran appear to be nearing a deal, based on public remarks from the president.

NBC News correspondent Raf Sanchez reported on the development following the social media update. The post did not include additional details on the specific terms or the timeline for any final signing.

The announcement marks the latest development in efforts to resolve tensions that have persisted across the region. Trump’s message indicated that multiple nations beyond the United States and Iran would be part of the final arrangement, though he did not name those countries in the initial statement.

Public statements from the White House have previously emphasized the need for diplomatic channels to address the conflict. Saturday’s post suggested that negotiations have advanced to a point where only finalization remains, according to the president’s account.

Regional analysts have long noted the complexity of any agreement involving Iran, given the involvement of neighboring states and international actors. Trump’s reference to “various other Countries” aligns with that broader context, though specifics were not provided in the Truth Social message.

The timing of the announcement, released on a Saturday afternoon, drew immediate attention from news outlets monitoring developments in the Middle East. No immediate response from Iranian officials was included in the initial reporting on the post.

Earlier statements from the Trump administration had highlighted ongoing diplomatic contacts aimed at de-escalation. The latest update indicates those contacts may be close to producing a formal framework, subject to approvals from all listed parties.

Media coverage of the post focused on the phrasing “largely negotiated,” which suggests that core elements have been settled even if final language and signatures are pending. Officials have not released further documentation at this stage.

Trump has used Truth Social for similar high-profile announcements in the past, often providing the first public indication of shifts in policy or negotiations. Saturday’s message followed that pattern, according to the content shared online.

Further details on the agreement are expected in coming days as finalization proceeds, based on the language in the president’s post. The involvement of additional countries remains a key element still to be clarified in official channels.

Share: